Visit Concord's CEO & President's Favorite Tomato, Basil & Mozzarella Frittata
When She's not cooking, her family uses one of their favorite recipes for Breakfast-In-Bed! Check it out:
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil plus more for greasing dish
- 8 large eggs
- 4 oz. mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup whole milk
- ¼ cup thinly sliced fresh basil plus more for garnish
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 1 ½ tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 small ripe tomato, seeded and diced
- Balsamic glaze (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9” pie dish. Whisk together eggs, cheese, milk, basil, pepper and ¼ teaspoon salt in large bowl.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high. Add onion and remaining ¾ teaspoon salt; cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic; cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Transfer mixture to pie dish. Pour egg mixture over top.
Bake 25 minutes. Remove from oven; sprinkle with tomato. Return to oven; bake at 350 degrees until set, about 5 minutes.
Remove from oven; let cool 10 minutes. Drizzle with balsamic glaze, if desired; garnish with basil.
Serves: 8 Active time: 20 minutes Total time: 1 hour