1. Concord Movie Night: How about a scary movie filmed right here in Concord? That’s right: 1989’s Clownhouse is a creepy thriller about three kid brothers stalked by some bad clowns. The film stars Nathan Forrest Winters (of Martinez) along with the screen debut of Bay Area native Sam Rockwell. Some of the scenes were shot on Bonifacio Street near downtown Concord. Make some popcorn and prepare to be scared!
2. Some Fresh Air for Fido – and You: Does your pooch have cabin fever? There are plenty of local parks and trails still accessible to dogs and their people. For the most current list, check Dog Trekker. Some areas may have reduced hours or parking restrictions, so check in advance.
3. Need a Thrifting Fix? Local thrift shops may be closed for now, but there are still online options! Animal Rescue Foundation’s (ARF) thrift shop located in Concord has an eBay store where they sell some of their better stuff. Have fun shopping and support a great cause at the same time.
4. Comfort Food Calls: You know Concord comfort food is the bomb, and this is the perfect time to indulge! Asian, Italian, Mexican -- or maybe just some mac & cheese or a good burger might do the trick. Whatever your craving, we’ve made finding it easy: just check out the #concordeats list of restaurants open for takeout or delivery during Shelter in Place.
5. No gym? No problem! Join Planet Fitness at 4pm daily on Facebook for free, “Home Work-In” sessions - a live streaming video workout from the comfort of your living room!