BDPA offers young men and women between the ages of 8 and 22 high quality educational and performance experiences in the areas of musical and dance performance. Founded in 1957, BDPA’s objective is to develop personal character through challenging physical, emotional, mental, and social activities while promoting the values of dedication, hard work, and commitment to a team effort. Over 450 young people currently participate in BDPA programs, and over 8,000 young people, in 2,000 families, have been served by the BDPA organization since 1957.
Entirely community-funded, the direction of BDPA is guided by a dedicated and unified effort of volunteer parents and a professional teaching staff, who work in close harmony with the young members to create and maintain a proud, responsible, youth organization. All instruments, instruction, and costumes are provided to participants who pay a modest annual participation fee.
To be the global leader and innovator in youth development through music and performing arts.
Our Core Values represent what is important to us and directs everything we do in pursuit of our Vision and Mission.
- Innovative Excellence: We strive to achieve excellence through embracing innovation in every aspect of our programs, initiatives, services, products, and operations.
- Entrepreneurial: We approach all challenges and opportunities with an entrepreneurial spirit, thoughtfully taking risks to achieve our vision and mission.
- Student Focus: We have a relentless focus on students which results in enriching the lives of young people.
- Leadership: As an organization and as individuals, we promote, foster, and recognize leadership as key to achieving our mission.
- Global Citizenship: We embrace our role as global citizens by demonstrating social responsibility and ethical behavior across all our activities.
- Principles: We live by a set of Principles that guide our conduct and behavior.