Mother’s Day Magic – Ten Ways to Celebrate
Even with shelter in place, there are still plenty of ways to create a special day for mom. Here are some creative ideas for spending quality time and making her feel like a queen at home:
1. Let mom sleep in and then surprise her with a delicious, made-at-home brunch. Try our Bubbly and Brunch recipes here.
2. Have a Concord florist deliver a fresh bouquet to her door: Full Bloom Fusion or Flowers of Joy. Be sure to order in advance.
3. Pamper your mom by giving her a spa day at home with a facial, mani/pedi or long bath. Most importantly, make sure she can relax with no interruptions.
4. Design some special message cupcakes! Besides delicious cookies, pastries and cakes, Alpine Pastry & Cakes is offering cupcake decorating kits for Mother's day – includes 6 cupcakes, 2 piping bags of buttercream and sprinkles for $15.00. Pre orders required.
5. Have a family game night. Sometimes moms just want to spend quality time together (with no TV or cell phones!) Put everything away and enjoy a fun competition with a favorite board game.
6. Takeout doesn’t have to be burgers – go upscale at Plate & Vine, Luna Ristorante, EMC Seafood and Raw Bar or Vineyards Chop House and treat mom in style.
7. Do some gardening together. Plant some seeds or starter plants or herbs in the garden and watch them grow all summer. For supplies, try Sloat Garden Center on Kirker Pass Road in Concord.
8. Surprise mom with a unique gift from Concord’s Elsie Green. Shop online from their beautiful collection of vintage French flea market inspired home décor.
9. Its officially strawberry season at Nation's. Enjoy a decadent strawberry pie for Mother’s Day, available now at the Concord location on Clayton Road.
10. Talk a walk around the neighborhood or head to Markham Nature Park and take in some tranquility