Italian Love Cake
This easy, make-ahead layered love cake is hard to resist
- 1 package chocolate cake mix
- 2 lbs. ricotta cheese (drain any excess liquid off)
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 8 oz. Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350* and spray a 9×13 inch pan with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix together your cake mix according to the package directions. Pour into the prepared pan and set aside.
- In another bowl combine the ricotta cheese, sugar, vanilla, and eggs. Using a hand mixer, mix until smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly over the top of the chocolate cake batter.
- Bake at 350* for 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. The layers will switch as it bakes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Once the cake is cool, stir the pudding mix and milk together with a whisk until combined.
- Carefully, fold the Cool Whip into the pudding until combined.
- Spread the pudding mixture over the top of the cooled cake. Sprinkles optional.
- Cover the cake and refrigerate at least 6 hours (overnight is best) before serving.