Just in time for Concord’s beautiful June weather, new, updated health orders now allow us to get out enjoy some of what we’ve all been missing for the past few months. So, with safety in mind, welcome to Concord and enjoy your stay!
Here’s what you need to know:
Contra Costa County is currently in the second phase of the state’s reopening plan, which, as of June 5, 2020, now includes outdoor seating at restaurants, indoor retail shopping, business offices, outdoor swimming pools, family overnight camping, outdoor picnics/barbecues, dog parks and outdoor museums. Essential businesses remain accessible and restaurants are also still providing takeout and delivery service.
Beginning June 17, hair salons and barber shops will reopen. To check the status of a specific local business, call or visit their website or social media pages.
For more updates and complete list of resources, visit our COVID-19 Health Advisory page
Concord’s Measures to Reopen Safely
The safety and well-being of our residents and guests remains our top priority. Our local restaurants and businesses are certified in advanced commercial sanitation and safety protocols, and all nine Concord hotels are now “Clean & Safe” certified according to California Hotel & Lodging Association specifications. We continue to work closely with local government agencies to stay informed and in compliance with all current health and safety orders to prevent the spread of disease
Doing Your Part for Safety
We ask that all visitors follow the same health and safety guidelines mandated by state & county officials:
- Wear a face mask while in all indoor public spaces
- Practice social distancing by allowing six feet of space between you and others (household members excluded)
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water and/or use hand sanitizer
- Stay home if you feel sick
- If you experience symptoms while traveling, please self-quarantine and seek guidance from local health resources
Guide to Local Businesses & Safety
- All nine Concord hotels & motels are “Clean & Safe” certified according to California Hotel Lodging Association (CHLA) specifications, some of the highest sanitation standards in the nation.
- Face masks required for employees and guests
- Social distancing procedures requiring six feet of separation
- Frequent cleaning of “high touch” areas such as counters, doors, elevators, etc.
- Currently limited to outdoor seating, takeout, delivery and curbside service only.
- Face masks required for employees and customers
- Social distancing procedures requiring six feet of separation in pick up areas
- Certified in advanced commercial sanitation protocols
Many local eateries will post updates on their social media channels with specific details and re-opening dates, so make sure to check in before heading out to your favorite restaurant.
Concord Restaurants - Open
Check websites for specific orders & updates - Mt. Diablo State Park, East Bay Regional Park District, California State Parks
- Parking is very limited - walk or bike into the park
- Stay close to home and do not take road trips to parks and beaches or to neighboring states
- Keep walking, jogging, hiking and biking
- Maintain a physical distance of 6 feet or more
- Visitors will be asked to leave if there are too many people at the park, beach or on trails to allow for the required physical distance
- Bring soap/sanitizer and pack out all trash
- Wear face coverings when you cannot maintain a safe 6-foot distance (State Parks)
- Face masks required at East Bay Regional Parks
Currently Open for Business in Concord
- Restaurants (outdoor seating, takeout & delivery) Retail Stores (stores may reopen at their discretion, check specific availability in advance)
- Golf Courses
- Concord Farmers' Market
- Mt. Diablo State Park (limited parking, some restrictions – check in advance)
- East Bay Regional Parks (limited parking, some restrictions – check in advance)
- BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit), PDF link: BART Safety Measures
- JSX (Jet Suite X)
- County Connection
- Buchanan Field Airport, Oakland Airport, San Francisco International Airport
- Grocery stores
- Essential businesses (gas stations, banks, hospitals, hardware, etc.)
Concord Visitor Center
The Concord Visitor Center is available to safely assist visitors with information and updates by phone, email or curbside.
Please contact us:
Phone – 925-685-1182
Email – Info@visitconcordca.com
Curbside, starting June 15, 2020:
Concord Visitor Center
2151 Salvio Street, Suite T
Concord, CA 94520
More updates and openings will come but for now, enjoy the outdoors, go for a swim, head to a great restaurant or go shopping. Most of all, stay safe and well!