Celebrate the Holidays in Concord
The holidays are a special time of year to celebrate and spend quality time with family and friends. You don’t have to travel far or spend a lot of money, though, when there are so many memorable ways to make the most of the season right here in Concord!
The Christmas season officially kicks off with the Tree Lighting Ceremony and Mayor’s Annual Sing-Along at Todos Santos Plaza on Saturday, December 7th. This special event is perfect to enjoy with family and friends visiting from out of town, and admission is always free. The festivities start with Santa’s grand entrance at 4pm and continue as everyone gathers to count down the magical lighting of the tree. From there you can join in the Sing-Along or even take a horse-drawn carriage ride around the park.
Come early to the Plaza on December 7th and enjoy the annual Tamales & Bike Fest, a fun event where kids decorate their bikes and everyone can take selfies at the holiday booth, buy raffle tickets and enjoy some tasty tamales with friends before the tree lighting ceremony. Starts at 3pm.
Buchanan Field Airport is the place to be at 10am the morning of December 7th, as Santa arrives by plane to make his grand entrance and greet the kids. The event is free but all are encouraged to bring a non-perishable food item and/or donation for the local Food Bank to take a photo.
The following weekend, on December 14 at 10:30am Macy's Concord presents The Twelve Days of Christmas in collaboration with local non-profit, Solo Opera. This fundraising event includes a continental breakfast, operatic performances, holiday music, a fashion show, and an enter-to-win contest with 12 prizes! All proceeds benefit Solo Opera for their 2020 season.
After ringing in the New Year, be sure to watch for the grand opening announcement of Concord’s new, state-of-the-art Visitors Center. Located on the first floor of Salvio Pacheco Square in Todos Santos Plaza, the Visitor Center will feature a variety of interactive displays including pop-up shops, culinary demonstrations, art installations and historic exhibits, including a listening station that celebrates Concord’s deep jazz roots.
Other Holiday Happenings Around Town:
- Ice Skating at The Veranda (November 8 – February 17) - For a classic holiday experience, there’s nothing quite like gliding across glistening ice to the sound of Christmas music. Conveniently located outdoors at the shopping center – just park and skate!
- Santa's Flight Academy (November 7 – December 24) - Kids look forward to this annual event at Sunvalley Shopping Center where they get to help Santa navigate his sleigh as a real member of his flight crew.
- Christmas Tree Decorating Contest (November 28-December 24) - Visit the lobby of the Hilton Concord to view and vote for your favorite Christmas Tree. Benefits local non-profit charities.
- 3rd Annual Gingerbread Boutique (December 7-8, 10am-4pm) – An arts & crafts event hosted by the Concord Historical Society at the Concord Museum and Events Center. Shop for unique gifts crafted by local artists and vendors and take a peek at the historic Galindo House next door, all decked out in holiday decor.
- Super Holiday Boutique (Dec 8, 11am-3pm) Get special one-of-a-kind holiday gifts and stocking stuffers for family and friends from a variety of arts and crafts vendors, home-based businesses and commercial exhibitors. At the Centre Concord.
For more including holiday hotel packages and where to find free parking go to visitconcordca.com.
Happy Holidays from Visit Concord!